Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dear December...

Before you read this, I must point out that I did not write it. I read it on a wonderful little blog called the little red house and I loved it so much I had to share it. : ) Enjoy!


Dear December,
Welcome!
Let's try to keep it slow this year.....ok?
You always fly by too quickly and we have lots of fun things to do, and a very large amount of butter that I plan on using while you are here.
So stick around for a while. 

Dear Snow,
Where are you? It's December, you should be here.
I'm sorry I complain about you in February, March, and April......
...but it's December.
I will welcome you with open (triple layers of clothing) arms. 

Dear Christmas Music,
you make everything so magical! Thank you!
I hardly even noticed I was doing dishes with all the fa-la-la-ing going on.  

Dear House,
I am so sorry.
Boxes and barrels of tinsel and holly exploding everywhere I look.
Ok actually it's plastic bins and cardboard boxes of pretty normal Christmas stuff,
but tinsel and holly sounded better.
Anyway, House.
You are a mess.
We will have you decked with sparkly ornaments in no time.  

Dear Body,
(are you nervous for this one?)
Today marks a special day for us.
You should be excited to know that we are done.....DONE! with antibiotics!
(some of you may know that I have been fighting (and beating!) Lyme Disease for the past 3 1/2 years.)
After almost three straight years on antibiotics (with a few breaks here and there and lots of herbals and magic potions to go with them),
I just finished up the final antibiotic push.
Body, this is AAAHHHMAZING news.
We are quite the team. 


you are one of my favorite movies of all time,
and I can't wait to watch you 1,000 times this month and cry like a baby. 

Dear Girl Next to Me in Yoga,
Sometimes you are really close, and I notice that your toenails are really long, and I'm afraid they might cut me.
Let's maybe work on that.  

Dear Roaring Fire in the Fireplace,
You also make everything magical.
You+Christmas Music and my brain just might explode.  

Dear People Who Say the Holiday Season is Stressful,
I am sad for you.
Maybe take it down a notch.
Simplify.
Really, you don't have to take on so much stuff.
You do not need your sweater to match your baby's hair bow to match the tablecloth.
Your kids don't need 137 toys.
Relax, and enjoy it.....it is the Best.
The BEST!

 Dear Montana,
I miss you when it's time to go get a Christmas tree.
You know, imperfect little trees in the mountains, with snow and cocoa and sledding and using an ax.
These are things that the Home Depot tree lot doesn't offer.  

Dear Christmas Shopping Online,
bless you.
bless you. 

Dear The Princess Bride,
you are a very fun book to read.  

Dear Burl Ives,
I realize that you are no longer living,
but that doesn't keep me from wishing you could come read us Christmas stories.
Your voice is the best. 

Dear Self,
settle down.
You get much too excited this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS