Monday, March 10, 2014

Washi Tape Printable Gallery Wall

We’ve been living in the new house for just about six months now, and I have done very little ‘settling in.’ Nothing’s really decorated, and for the most part I’m pretty much okay with that. I hung posters on the wall in the kids’ room, we have kiddo drawings all over the walls in the office, and we hung curtains in the living room, but that’s really it so far.

The floor plan of the main floor has the living room, dining area and kitchen all really open as soon as you walk in the front door. There is one wall in the dining area that was just begging for some love. Since funds were limited (aren’t they always?) I wanted to get creative and come up with something simple and pretty but inexpensive. 


Enter the giant frame. I found a 30x40” frame on a Facebook exchange group for $5! I love the look of gallery walls, but picking up a bunch of frames can get pricey, so I decided it was time to jump on the washi tape bandwagon. I didn’t see any I loved at Hobby Lobby, but Walmart actually came through for me!



I hopped on my Printables board on Pinterest and selected a few of my {free} favorites. From there it was just a matter of printing them out and figuring out the best layout. Well, that and convincing Mr. Bug to hang the frame for me that night after work.  : ) He was a really great sport to do it for me on only four hours of sleep. Husband for the win‼





You can find all of these on my Pinterest board (and some other really cute ones) but I’ll link them all up at the end of the post, too. The whole project cost me less than $10 for the frame and the washi tape, and that’s even adding in a couple bucks for cardstock and printer ink. Not bad, huh?
Now I sit there in the morning to drink my coffee/try to get the girls to eat their breakfast and look at my lovely wall and smile. 


Find Joy in the Journey
C.S. Lewis Quote
Feathers
Love the Lord your God - from The Handmade Home
Bowls
Oh, Hello Hexagons
Pray More, Worry Less
Julia Child Quote - This one is Eden's favorite : ) She thinks it's hilarious!
Be Kind - this is our family motto. If the kids are struggling in their playtime together I just ask them what our sign says and they know just what I mean.  

*The 'Be Brave, Little One' and the Bible verse are just ones that I put together in PicMonkey. I'm putting them in the post so you can use them if you'd like. Let me know if you do! And I can't remember where I found the sideways one in the middle. Sorry!*










   

6 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! Thanks a million for including my hexagons card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kristy! Your card is one of my favorites :) I searched and searched for the original post because I had pinned it randomly on Pinterest. It's my husband's favorite print up there right now :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great and love the idea!! :)
    Thanks for featuring my feather printable.

    xo
    Audrey
    http://ohsolovelyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so cute! Question for you on the "Be Brave Little One" you made in PicMonkey. Do you still have the original file? I'm wondering if you could make it into 8x10 and 8.5 x 11 and change the text color to a fire engine red? Or if you have the original file, would you be willing to share it so I can make the adjustments?

    Thanks for your consideration!
    -Valerie
    thestylefilesblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "Be Brave Little One"! Where can I find the arrow graphic?

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS