Friday, April 5, 2013

Party On! Our Planes, Trains & Automobiles Party


First off, let me say that all the pictures I have of Judah’s birthday party suck. I thought I was being all smart by not using the flash and messing up the colors of the pictures. But what I was really doing was taking 327 blurry pictures. Okay, maybe not 327. But a lot of blurry pictures. So that’s my ‘no you’re not going blind these pictures just suck’ disclaimer.

You might remember that the theme we chose for Judah’s birthday party was ‘Planes, Trains & Automobiles’ and I showed you here what some of my ideas were. These were all stolen fromPinterest original ideas.
 
 
For the invitation, I used my sister’s miracle program to put together an uber-cute invite which I then mounted onto black cardstock for more of a handmade feel.
 
 
 
As for the day of the party, we had a couple cousins spend the night with us the night before, so we had to get a couple shots of all the boys in their Batman pajamas. Don’t they look cute?? Then the girls wanted in there, too. Not technically superheroes, but don’t try and tell Eden that. The train was made by my dad and his wife back in November for use at my younger sister’s twins’ birthday party. (Confused yet?) Dad’s been storing it since then and we got some more use out of it!
 
 
Here’s the man himself just before people started showing up. If you know this little guy at all, you already know that this kid can put food away! Consequently, I have exactly zero pictures of him during the party where his mouth isn’t full of food. But I think he kind of looks like he’s got a little cigar in this picture. Just sittin’ in his rocker, smokin’ a cigar. What up?
 
 

 
 
As soon as our guests walked in, they saw our ‘Baggage Claim’ table. These little favors were just cheap-o paper lunch sacks with red, yellow, and green dots glued to the front. Each bag held a toy car, boat, individual-sized M&M package, car tattoos and a little bottle of bubbles. Yes, that traffic cone is the only transportation-related décor on that buffet. And no, I still haven’t done anything about those cords. : )
 
 
I had set up the wall behind the food table early in the week, and as you can tell it’s a pretty blatant copy of what I saw in my inspiration picture. : ) (Also, I realized when I sat down to write up this post that I hadn’t taken a picture of this on the day of the party. So I just waltzed my tookus out to the living room and snapped a picture. The party was two weeks ago and I haven’t taken it down yet. Procrastination pays off! BOOM!)
 
And here is our Goodie Train. I tried a couple of different things to get this to work, starting out by wrapping cardstock around the plastic containers and gluing it on at the top edge. That did not work. At all. Then I had the genius idea to use wrapping paper! I had just picked up this heavyweight wrapping paper at TJ Maxx in the last few weeks and decided it was perfect. Add on the black wheels and signs and you’ve got yourself a snack train! I used an empty Goldfish box for the engine and added some cotton batting for smoke. (Mr. Bug was dumb kind enough to point out that nobody uses steam engines anymore, which earned him a death stare big kiss.)
 
 
 
 
Blurry picture of the 'Animal Car' for animal crackers and the 'Coal Car' for mini Oreos.


More blurry photography, this time the 'Lumber Car' holding pretzel rods and the 'Refrigerated Car' full of fruit and dip.

 
 
A cake stand loaded high with miniature chocolate donuts served as ‘Spare Tires’ next to the super awesome cake that my sister created using this picture as inspiration. She rocks my socks off : ) I’m going to have to do a post someday of all the different cakes she’s done. She’s amazing.


And it tastes good, too!


One last thing I did that I’m really glad I made time for was this picture collage of The Boy. It was so neat to be able to look at all these snippets of him changing from a tiny infant to the little man I know now. Such a beautiful boy!

And there you have it! Judah’s Planes, Trains & Automobiles Birthday Party Extravaganza! I’ve got to say it was really hard for me to get myself to start working on this one but I had so much fun making this day special for my little boy!

5 comments:

  1. You are hilarious:) I love it that the sign is still up! Do you need me to bring you a step stool?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious:) I love it that the sign is still up! Do you need me to bring you a step stool?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, SO ADORBS! My little man could hang out in those little car/box things for hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! The cousins had a BLAST in these all day. : )

      Delete
  4. Fiat's new 500X is a compact crossover SUV with a surprisingly powerful engine and decent handling.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS