Saturday, April 5, 2014

Party On! Judah's Beatles Birthday Party: Food

I'm back today to share the rest of the details with you about Judah's Beatles birthday party. Last time I told you all about the decorations and activities, and today I'll share my favorite part: the food!


You saw this little sneak peak of our dessert table last time, and I can't wait to show you the specifics. I've got all the inspiration on my Beatles Birthday Party Pinterest board, and I'll post a few links throughout, too.

Here is our menu. We totally went for it on the theme for this party, and it was a blast!



 The cupcakes were just basic white cupcakes (thank you, Betty Crocker!) with white frosting. I wanted a little calm in the midst of all the color we were doing on the table, so white on white made sense there. For the toppers I used these Beatles and Yellow Submarine freebies that I came across on Pinterest. I just did toothpicks with one set of Beatles and six submarines and did the rest with a little bit of washi tape. For display I used the same cupcake stand Mr. Bug made me for Adaleine's Fancy Nancy birthday party and re-covered it in yellow wrapping paper I already had on hand. My cupcake liners are from this Etsy shop.




We served more candy at this party than I usually do, but I went with cost effective and Beatles-related. We had Strawberry Fields Forever, Starr Bursts, Rich Man Gold Coins, and an Octopus's Garden. The garden was made up of carrots, celery and red, green, yellow and orange peppers. For dip I just put some ranch dressing in a bowl and called it good. Simple and easy!






My favorite part of the dessert table (hands down!) were the yellow submarines. It was this little morsel of awesomeness that made me decide to have a Beatles party in the first place! I saw these at my inspiration party and knew it would be a hit. They were really simple to make; just use a little frosting to stick on the Mini M&Ms. Then trim a bendy straw for your periscope and you're all set. I used a record glued onto a candleholder for a stand, and then set the lower levels of submarines on records right on the table. Don't worry, I washed them all first : )



Drinks were a little bit of a splurge in the cost department, but I loved the look of the little cans all lined up together. Once I got that picture in my head, using regular cans just seemed too boring. (I know. I'm ridiculous.) More song lyrics over here! For the Benefit of Mr. Sprite, Here Comes the Sunkist and Love, Love Me Dew. I couldn't think of a Beatles lyric for the water, so I just tossed out the Good Day, Sunshine line and committed. Paper straws (from the Target Dollar Spot) made the area just a bit more festive.

So there you have it! Our very own Beatles Birthday Party! If you want details on party decor and activities, check out the first post here. See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! that's a great way to use them ;D and those twinkie submarines are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! My little man loved having these guys on his cupcakes, so thank you so much for making them :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Brittany. Could you please send me the toppers that you used on top of your cupcakes? I am from Brazil and it´s impossible to find these toppers available for download again. Thank you in advanced. xoxo Flavia

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS