Saturday, July 6, 2013

Party On! Eden Mae's Butterfly Birthday Party


Greetings and salutations, friends! I’m popping in to share Eden’s Butterfly birthday party with you. I’ll vote it as a success and remember that I do not want to do too many more parties with lots of six-year-olds. Scratch that. I’m never having another sixth birthday party again. Ever. (Until Sissy turns six. And even then I’m going to have to rethink my system.)

I’ve been thinking about and working on this party basically since Judah’s party back in March, so I’m sort of happy and sad to have it be over. There are so many beautiful ideas for butterfly parties out there and I didn’t do half the fun things that I pinned. If you want to check out the Pinterest board I created to corral all of these ideas, click here and it should redirect you.

So without further ado, a Butterfly birthday party!!
 
For the invitations, I opted to make them myself rather than using my sister's program again like I did here and here, but this could have been done either way. For mine I borrowed a couple of butterfly punches from my mother-in-law and just went nuts with the butterflies.
 
 
My inspiration come from one of the invites I pinned to my board on Pinterest, and since I was making them myself I thought the 3D look was fun.
 
Greeting guests as they walked through the front door were our special 'E' door hanger and--as always--our favors displayed on the buffet entry table. I went pretty lame simple with the favors this time. Bags from Target in our party colors filled with bubbles, butterfly tattoos, mini Frisbees and a glow bracelet. Snaps to Mr. Bug for hanging all the streamers and balloons for me! My knight in shining armour. Standing on a chair. Hanging streamers.
 
 
 
Also, you can kind of tell I tried to fix those darn cords on that buffet table, but my heart wasn't in it. I'll do it right tomorrow ; )
 
Blurry dessert table picture! My sister made yet another gorgeous cake for me and it was delish to boot. I tried to change things up a bit by having Caramel Bugles rather than pretzels (I walk on the wild side) and made dirt cups with little butterflies floating sweetly above them. It occurred to me as I hot-glued 25 tiny butterflies to 25 little toothpicks that I might have some kind of problem, but I pushed past it.

 
 
 
 
 
When I was originally planning this party, I was hoping we could have the whole thing outside like we did last year. But alas, it was not meant to be and as the date drew nearer the weather forecast predicted rain all. day. long. So inside we would go!

 
 
 
I tossed out my plan to play butterfly badminton (and returned 20 butterfly nets to Target) and decided instead on three smaller-scale activities. We played Musical Butterflies, set up a Butterfly Design Center, and had a Chrysalis Contest. For some reason the Musical Butterflies was a bust, but they LOVED wrapping one another up in toilet paper! I even volunteered Mr. Bug as a caterpillar at the end and he grudgingly willingly agreed. : ) Love you, babe!


 
 
 
After games and some dancing to a little Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, we read our story (a new birthday party tradition) and then opened presents. Eden had so much fun with her Butterfly Birthday Party! I will say, though, that an indoor birthday party with a bunch of six-year-old boys and girls may be too much for me. : ) From now on, I think age six and up will be girls-only parties!

2 comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS