Friday, January 21, 2011

The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band

First of all, I have to say that I’m completely shocked that I’ve gotten a couple dozen hits overnight since I posted on FB about starting a blog! Thank you everyone! I’ll tell you right now that I’m not at all sure what I’ll be writing about on here except that it might not always be funny or terribly interesting, but it will be straight from my somewhat muddled brain. : )

As I sit here writing this, my girls are running around pretending to be the characters of Alice and Mr. Carder from the movie The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band from 1968. Why on earth have they seen a movie that was around 15 years before their mother was even born you ask? Well, the answer is simple. It’s just good. There’s singing, dancing, fun outfits—everything a little girl needs to truly enjoy a movie. And there are no scary parts, no swearing, no questionable moral situations that I can think of. Just good clean fun. Not to mention the fact that it stars a young Leslie Ann Warren, John Davidson, Goldie Hawn, and Kurt Russell. Buddy Ebsen and Walter Brennan just make it even better!


Miss Eden was trying to describe a part of the movie to me the other day and talking about “the soowee song.” I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about! (Isn’t it funny the connections that little minds make that we, as grown-ups, are incapable of following?) Well, it turns out that she was talking about the song ‘West Of The Wide Missouri,’ which is our favorite part of the movie. There’s great dancing and Goldie Hawn even shows up to take part in the dance-off. You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-Ub2Ci7v0

Here is the video of our other favorite song. The girls are constantly walking around singing “’bout time, ‘bout time…” We have fun with it. : ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWVaQsuweyE&NR=1

If you feel so inclined, take a minute and leave a message with some of your favorite movies from childhood. I’m always looking for great old movies to share with the girls!

1 comment:

  1. Our kids grew up on and still love old movies. Good job, getting them started on the classics!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS