Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday Afternoon Musings

I have had much on my mind lately that I’ve wanted to write about, but I haven’t because I’ve been tired, lazy, and busy. Or some combination of the three. I don’t have a whole lot to say right now except that I am incredibly blessed. (Yes, I am in a slightly sappy place, which is not how I usually roll.)

I have three beautiful, smart, healthy, and special kiddos that I have done nothing to deserve. I didn’t ever have any trouble getting pregnant—my babies were just given to us with no questions asked. Even when we didn’t know that was what God had in store for us, we had two positive home pregnancy tests and one doctor’s blood test telling us that our family would grow. And any problems that I had during pregnancy or that we dealt with after each one was born were so minor compared the struggles that so many people deal with. Undeserved and unconditional. Amazing.

I have a wonderful, faithful, loving, and smoking hot husband that I would not have believed existed just over ten years ago. He takes care of me and takes care of our family, and I couldn’t ask for more. Even the first time we ever spent time together, he wanted to take care of me. He has been so good for me and to me. I know that I can talk to him about the things that scare me, the things that make me sad, the things that bother me. I laugh with my husband. I can cry with my husband and it doesn’t bother him. (It probably helps that I only cry once every couple of months, but still!)

I have friends and family around me who love us and want to be a part of our lives. This in itself is amazing to me. There are so many people out there, and these wonderful individuals have decided that they enjoy our company. When you think about it, it really is amazing.

I have stumbled onto a few really good blogs lately. It seems like every time I think of something that I want to write about that might do anyone some good to read, I find it already written by someone. Maybe my little blog here will just turn into links to other people’s words. If it’s already been said, why not just round it up, right? : )

Anyway, I hope that this finds you happy and whole and enjoying your life. If you are having dark times, know that even if I can’t possibly understand what you may be going through, you have my heart. I hope you find comfort.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ." (2 Corinthians 1:3-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS