Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Mother's Work...You Get the Idea

As I’m sure many of you are aware, Mother’s Day is right around the corner. I have three versions of a possible Mother’s Day in my head, and I’d like to share them with you. Because I know that deep down, you really want to know. Deep deep deep down. : )

The first version is my ‘Ideal Mother’s Day’ scenario. I wake up after sleeping as long as I want and find that my husband has fixed an amazing breakfast (he makes fantastic French toast). He has also fed, bathed and dressed all three of our children. I then sit down to eat my French toast and put as much powdered sugar on top as I want. Because I can. We then go to church, out to lunch and basically waste the entire day. I nap if I want to. During this entire day I will not change one single diaper, take one little person to the bathroom, wash one single dish, or cook one single food item. I will also not be responsible for managing nap times, whining children or any spills or messes. I will eat chocolate, cream cheese, peanut butter, and whatever else I want. And then I will go to bed whenever I decide it’s time. I may run through a meadow at some point if I want to exert that much energy.

Beautiful, isn’t it?

My second scenario is the ‘Ideal 2.0 Mother’s Day’ scenario. It includes all of the above, with the addition of a back rub and foot massage. It would also include a number of gifts including, but not limited to:

This rug from Urban Outfitters

This rug from Urban Outfitters

This painting by Kathryn Trotter

This print from Etsy

A new iPhone case that’s purdy. Like this one

This necklace from Etsy

Actually, just a sizable gift card I could use on Etsy would be great

And then, there’s the third scenario. This is the ‘What Will Probably Actually Happen’ scenario. I will wake up at about 6:30 (which is roughly when Judah has been waking up lately) and stumble out to the kitchen to try to find something moderately healthy to feed my children. Landon will probably be out of town on a trip, so my day will be shockingly similar to any other day except that this day, I will feel much more cheated than I do on any given day. But at the end of the day, I will put my little munchkins to bed. I will kiss them goodnight and after eating an eNORmous Snickers Blizzard…I will get down on my knees and thank God that he saw fit to trust me with these three little human beings. These three little ankle-biters, little crazy people, little miracles. Because I certainly don’t deserve them. But amazingly enough, they’re here with me. And I wouldn't want it any other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS