Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Just One of Them Days


Did that title make you think of this old Monica song? You're welcome : )


Let me tell you about this day I had last week. It was brutal I tell ya. It was rough right out of the gate. I woke up to the sound of Adaleine yelling and crying and go into their room just in time to hear Eden saying, “I get to go to school today and you don’t!” Ugh.
Then breakfast was a battle. Adaleine was staring at Eden to annoy her, then Eden told Adaleine her cereal doesn’t have any sugar in it. (Which it totally did!) I went upstairs for roughly 90 seconds to get dressed and had to run back down because Adaleine was screaming and crying. You know how to get your little sister really upset? All you have to do is completely ignore her.

After I got Eden off to school, Sissy and I headed home to try and survive the rest of the day. It was starting out as one of those days. You know the ones. The ones that you really need to just get through. You don’t even hope to accomplish anything, just to not collapse in tears. You get the idea.

We got partway through the morning and I decided that the only way to get through in some kind of semi-order was to get. out. of. the. house. We woke up Mr. Bug (who had gotten in from work late the night before) and told him we were headed out to lunch. We all loaded up and shipped out to the mall.

That’s when things started to get really interesting. We locked the keys in the van. I’m saying ‘we’ but I will claim it as my fault. I hit the button to lock it. In my defense, Landon put the keys in Judah’s car seat while he was setting up the stroller which was kind of a bonehead move. But I hit the button. Dang it.

And it t took the locksmith TWO HOURS to get there. And while we were waiting for them and playing on the mall playground a little girl kept pushing Judah off the toys. And when I took Judah in to change his diaper he peed on himself. So we had to go buy him a shirt since the ding dang locksmith still wasn’t there. Seriously. I can’t make this stuff up. And all of this was before 3:00. But wait, there’s more!

Here's my little Judah Bear at the mall. Who would want to push this little charmer off the slide? I ask you!!

 After picking Miss Eden up at school we decided to press our luck for the day and head to the Glorious House of Target. Mr. Bug likes to hit Starbucks when we get there, so we got cookies for the kiddos and a frozen coffee for him. We’re just trotting around Target, I’m pushing the semi-size cart with both girls sitting in the seats and Judah in the baby seat. I direct Landon to the specific Puffs tissues that I want—top shelf, clear at the back because they were the cutest ones—and he gives me his coffee to hold. Which I proceed to blubber and bobble and spill all over Eden. Yep. That sounds about right.

Just one of them days : )

 The funny part of this whole day, and why I’m writing it all out for your enjoyment, is that is was actually quite fun. I know that doesn’t make sense, but I had such a good time that day. Landon was there with me and we have so much fun together. We just laughed about the whole thing, one thing after another. And when we came downstairs that night after putting the girls to bed to find water streaming down the walls from the rainstorm outside, we just laughed. I giggled uncontrollably a bit, went to find all of our beach towels. And thanked God we’re only renting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS