Monday, March 3, 2014

Yearning for a Pretty Soap Pump



This post is not going to be relatable for some people. Sometimes even I can’t get my head around my weirdness, but here goes nothing. 

I’m a total cheapskate. Like, seriously. It’s ridiculous. I will buy the cheapest option of most things and not even think twice. There are some exceptions to this, but for the most part it’s true. 

http://www.target.com/p/threshold-oilcan-soap-dispenser/-/A-14327500

I have been crushing on this soap dispenser for about two years. You think I’m kidding, don’t you? I’m so not. Believe me, I wish I were. But I couldn’t bring myself to spend $9.99 on a soap dispenser. Not when I could get a throw-away pump of soap for $.97 that came with soap in it. I would literally walk by the soap pump almost every time I went to Target thinking ‘This is silly! I’m just going to buy the dang soap pump!’ But I could never bring myself to do it. It just felt too frivolous.

http://www.target.com/p/j-r-watkins-grapefruit-hand-soap-11-oz/-/A-13969363#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=hand%20soap%20j.r.%20watkins

I thought I could settle for something a little cheaper but still pretty like this, so I went for it. It was pretty, the soap that came with it smelled yummy, and it was less than $4. Can’t beat it, right? Well the problem is this: a tall plastic soap dispenser tips over reeeeeally easily. Especially when you have three kiddos 'washing' their hands multiple times a day. So this poor thing spent the majority of its little life flat on its back on the bathroom counter. 

http://www.target.com/p/method-pink-grapefruit-gel-hand-wash-refill-34-oz/-/A-13532554#prodSlot=medium_1_11&term=method%20soap%20refill

But I was willing to work with it! I even refilled it with some equally yummy-smelling Method soap a few times. All the while, my beautifully simple glass soap pump beckoned to me from the shelf.


That all ended yesterday. Passing through Target while picking up a baby gift for a friend I saw this little beauty. She was on clearance for $5.58, she was pretty glass, and she was already filled with soap! After a quick check to make sure I’d be able to remove the label, that baby was in my cart and I was sprinting for the checkout. I may or may not have embarrassed my children by shaking my behind in a little victory dance. 

Now she’s sitting in my bathroom and she’s so happy to be there. I even discovered when I was removing the label that she even has a little rubber ring on the bottom to keep her from sliding around! It’s like we were made for each other. 

The moral of the story? Honestly, I don’t know. I’m not certain it’s healthy to long for a $10 soap pump for two years, but I’m so excited to finally have a simple and pretty soap pump in my bathroom. And I like to think that I’ll appreciate her all the more because of the wait. : )

1 comment:


  1. At Enviro - LCS, we offer an extensive range of high quality hygiene products and services, ranging from sanitary disposal bins to Washroom services at highly competitive prices. As the leading supplier of washroom products, such as Air hand dryers, feminine hygiene bins and medical waste disposal systems.

    sanitary disposal

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS